Tinga de Pollo

This was Tinga de Pollo, or shredded chicken-in-chipotle-tomato-sauce tacos.

When I saw a recipe of the saucy chicken tacos on Cook's Illustrated, I was sure J would like it. Yes, he did! And I did too! The chipotle-tomato sauce was a rich smoky flavor, and sweetness from onion, tomato and a little bit of brown sugar was nicely balanced with generous amount of lime zest and juice. Chicken in the bold sauce was so tasty!
The recipe was quite easy to follow and easy to serve. When we were ready to eat, I reheated chicken slightly, diced avocado and quickly warmed corn tortillas. I took out other toppings like chopped fresh cilantro, green onion, and crumbed cotija cheese in the refrigerator that I prepared in advance while I was cooking chicken. I also added tomato salad to add more veggie in the meal. It was definitely a great weekday meal.  

Popular Posts