Yu Lin Chi

This was Yu Lin Chi, Chinese-style fried chicken with sweet and sour scallion sauce.

Although I don't know it is a real Chinese dish, the dish is apparently known in Japan as a Chinese dish. Although I don't usually like chicken, I have been interested to try a well-reviewed recipe of Yu Lin Chi online that almost 4,000 people adapted and liked. I had some pieces of chicken thighs in freezer that I wanted to use up. It was a good chance to make the popular chicken dish. The result was fine. J seemed to like it. The sauce tasted nice but garlic in the sauce was so powerful. The recipe called for a clove of raw garlic. I usually avoid raw garlic, but this time I used a small clove with hesitation. Ah, I knew this was going to happen; the garlic taste lingered in the mouth after dinner. My fault! If I make the dish again, I will definitely use lightly-roasted garlic instead of raw.

Popular Posts