American Spoon's Wheat & Malt Pancake Mix & Honeycrisp Apple Conserve

Another new food that Santa J introduced me was American Spoon's pancake mix. The artisan fruit jam maker sells two kinds of pancake mix. Santa J was generous to give me both! I used one of them, Wheat & Malt first. Make batter by whisking the mix, milk, egg, lemon juice and vegetable oil all together and cook the batter on griddle.
It was easy but took time since my griddle could hold only two or three pancakes once. About three minutes one side and additional about three minutes other side. Therefore, about six minutes per batch. I cooked four batches. Pancake is a good project for no-rush, relaxing weekend/holiday/vacation morning. At the end, fluffy golden pancake stacks makes me proud of myself.
Although butter spread and maple syrup are my staple pancake toppings, Santa J provided me an option. A great option. Honeycrisp Apple Conserve by American Spoon!
It was a limited edition, seasonal release. Honeycrisp, which is my favorite kind of apple, was diced and blended with "the traditional warming notes of star anise and the delicate spice of white pepper" to be this lovely conserve.
American Spoon recommends serving it with both sweets and savories such as warm banana bread, blue cheese, or pork tenderloin. I could strongly suggest to add pancakes made with their Wheat & Malt pancake mix in the list. It was a superb breakfast, thanks to Santa J!

Popular Posts