Italian Wood Roasted Coffee Beans by Sant Eustachio

It was funny to realize that both Santa J and I were actually interested in the same item on a certain online grocery store. I found it out when Santa J gave me this particular coffee beans. I was almost to give one to J! I haven't seen any wood roasted coffee beans before. Would it be smoky? woody? toasty? I was simply curious about what such beans would taste like. I believe so was Santa J, and he took an action first, buying the beans.
We brewed coffee with the Italian beans by using French press as usual. Somehow the name "wood roasted" made me expect strong coffee while the coffee was medium. It tasted clean, not acidic or perfume-y. It was good morning coffee as J's mother described when we served a cup to her and J's father in the morning of the next day of Christmas. J who prefers strong coffee seemed a little disappointed, but I think it was a nice experience. We always love to try new!

Popular Posts