Schlunder's Stollen Pieces with 40% Precious Marzipan Filling

Stollen, German holiday sweet bread has become our Christmas season staple. At the ending of the recent holiday season, I happened to find these stollen bites made in Germany online. The holiday spirit was still lingering in the house. I couldn't help but buying the mini version of stollen. Click and done. Surprisingly, this product was very tasty. In terms of texture, they were like small "pie" pastries rather than bread or cake. They were different from a standard-sized stollen that we have been enjoying. I set a discussion about definition of stollen aside, and just enjoyed these excellent pastries.
The package looked like a common commercial cookie product seen on a local grocery store's shelf. However, the quality of the mini stollen was way beyond my expectation. They were so tasty like freshly baked pastries from an artisan bakery. Unfortunately now this product is no longer available on the online grocery store that I bought from. I hope to find it again around the next holiday season.

Popular Posts