Unna Bakery's Ginger Snap Cookies

I hadn't known ginger snap cookies were a natural part of the Holiday Season in Sweden until Santa J gave me a cookie box by Unna Bakery, a New York bakery making traditional Swedish, small batch, gourmet cookies. I have never properly met Swedish cookies. Unna Bakery's collection includes raspberry cave cookie, which looks like jam drop cookies, chocolate caramel cookie, brown butter cookie, vanilla dream cookie and cardamon crisp cookie, other than ginger snaps cookie. All look somehow familiar. I am not a cookie historian or scholar at all, but guessing Swedish cookies could have influenced cookies from other regions at some point, or vice versa. Well, no matter what story is around the cookies, all cookies on their website look delicious to me.
So far, I was able to verify the quality of ginger snap cookies, thanks to Santa J. They were vividly spiced (of course, with a strong ginger flavor!) and very crisp. They weren't too sugary. Lovely treats with a tea. I hope to have a chance to try other cookies sometime in future to learn Swedish cookie more!

Popular Posts