Dale's Cake


I hadn't seen scones in Germany until we had breakfast at a cafe called Dale's Cake. Perhaps I haven't seen any since then. Apparently scones are not common here. Dale's Cake's scone was nice but different from what I had in England. The texture was more like a biscuit. Later I knew the owner was a couple of American (Dale from Kansas) and Asian and their specialty were American baked goods inspired by Dale's family recipes. So, I guess the scone was made in American style. 


J had a huge omelette with all available filling choices. Large salad and many toasts come together. Serving portion was also in American style!


The cafe was cozy and friendly. Surely we will come back again. Actually we have done delivery orders two or three times by now. Their Banh Mi Sandwich with tofu is my favorite so far.

Popular Posts