Good-Bye & Hallo 4 - Lille, France 2


Our second day in Lille began with a wonderful breakfast. Paddo Cafe was another great discovery by J! I had ricotta pancakes and J had eggs and more. Tasty!




After the big breakfast, we walked a lot to get ready for lunch.




Besides Méert, Aux Merveilleux de Fred was a patisserie that I must visit in Lille. Just like Méert, we visited their branch store in Brussel. However, at that time we didn't taste their iconic delicacy, Merveilleux - a meringue frosted with whipped chocolate cream and covered with dark or while chocolate shavings or crystallized meringue. Lille is the home of Aux Merveilleux de Fred. It sounded proper, at least for me, to try a Merveilleux in Lille. 




We picked up two flavors, one each - coffee and cherry and shared them at a little park nearby. I confess that I am not a big fan of meringue. It's usually too sugar... but Merveilleux was an exception! They were so airy, melt-in-mouth, literary. Sweet but elegant. I would love to try all flavors!


Then, a lunch time! J's choice was a restaurant named Octopus.  



Of course, we had octopus. Delicious!



Our main was fish. It was the same kind of fish I had a day before but it was cooked and seasoned differently. I liked this very much as well.


The sky was getting dark after the lunch and rain started eventually. We have explored the old town quite a lot and we were happily full. We went back to airbnb and relaxed for the rest of the day. 


To be continued...

Popular Posts