Good-Bye & Hallo 6 - Charleville-Mézières, France 2


Day 2 in Charleville-Mézières was another beautiful day. First we visited another local bakery, Boulangerie-Pâtisserie du Mont Olympe for a quick breakfast bite.



La galette à suc' or suger cake was one of Ardennes traditional sweets that I wanted to try. It wasn't like a cake. Rather a bread.Sugar and butter melted on a round yeast dough. Simple and tasty!


After we hiked up and down on a small hill in the wooded, riverside park, Mont Olympe, which didn't provide a nice view, we felt that we covered the old town pretty much. 


While J was relaxing at airbnb, I took a walk to a bakery that was located in the south of the old town, crossing La Meuse. I got two kinds of sandwiches for early lunch. Fresh baguette sandwiches in France. Why not?



After then, I visited Musée de l'Ardenne. It was quite large and neatly organized.





Of course, there were puppets. They didn't look cute, though...


Talking about puppets, the actual twelve stages of Le Grand Marionnettiste were stored in the wall of the museum, being ready for the daily performance. I could see the puppets at eye level. Interesting!



When I left the museum, it was just time for the noon show! 


It was a very warm day. I bought two pretty chilled mousse cakes to share with J who was waiting for me and desserts at airbnb.

To be continued...

Popular Posts