Yorkshire Coast - Robin Hood's Bay 2


After breakfast, we enjoyed strolling along the beach. I haven't been to a beach for years. Feeling the beach sand and listening to waves. What an incredibly pleasant morning it was!


Somehow I never get tired of watching waves coming and going.



Robin Hood's Bay is well known as a place for fossil hunting. We tried to find a new friend from millions of years ago during the Jurassic Period. Find a soft rock, carefully crack it and look at the inside to see anything exposed in it. We had lots of fun!



The morning activities made us hungry. J found a lovely place in the village for lunch. Bramblewick was a seafood and grill restaurant, located very close to the beach. At that time I didn't know they also offered Bed and Breakfast.


We both had Shellfish Linguine. Shellfish Linguine  with mussels, clams, prawns, dill, cherry tomatoes and cream. The dish was fabulous! The various kinds and sizes of shellfish were fresh and delicious. The portion was generous. The pasta was cooked perfectly. The sauce was rich, creamy and tasty.


A lot of fresh herbs were also in the dish. One of them was crunchy green thin stems with a gentle sweet taste. I didn't know what it was. I asked the nice lady who were serving our table about the mysterious plant. She told us it was "samphire" that was an asparagus family and grown along the sea shore. Later I learned the plant grown was also called "sea asparagus" in Canada as well as "sea beans" in the US. I have never seen it in the US perhaps because we weren't close to a habitat of samphire. Apparently there are two kinds of samphire - the marsh samphire and the rock samphire. The former is commonly available, which we must have had. I would like to see if samphire is sold at a local Waitrose or M&S when I go there. I liked the texture and taste very much.


To be continued...

Popular Posts