Pistachio Chorizo Cake

This was Pistachio Chorizo Cake.

I had a small block of Chorizo that I wanted to do something with. Then, a recipe on David Lebovitz's wonderful food blog came across at just the right time. Luckily I had a big bag of roasted pistachio and a bunch of fresh parsley.

After starting making the cake, I knew I had only 5 sun-dried tomatoes instead of eight. So, I needed to go with less tomatoes. I hoped it would be alright.

For 150 g plain whole-milk yogurt, I used the mixture of 100 g low-fat yogurt and 50 g sour cream which both were also leftover sitting in the refrigerator. This recipe happened to help cleaning our refrigerator and pantry. Good job! 

I loved sesame topping. There were more sesame seeds on the bottom of the cake.

This might be my first savory cake, or cake salé. I like sweets, so usually make cakes sweet. This savory cake just opened a new world - a very good one! Happily J liked the cake and enjoyed a few slices with a glass of chilled champagne, even after dinner.

Popular Posts