An-pan - Green & White

These were An-pan with two kinds of filling - sweetened Lima beans with and without Japanese green tea, Matcha.

Typical "An" is made from Azuki beans while "white An" is pretty common in Japan. Although it's not so difficult to find "Azuki An" at a Japanese/Asian grocery in the US, which is usually a canned version, I have not seen "white An" here. So, let's make "white An"!

To make "white An," I used a bag of dried Lima beans that seems available at any grocery stores, which was the same as a part of my Hiyoko filling (no condensed or skim milk added this time). I also mixed Matcha to half white An to make it "green tea An."

My friend M who was visiting me at the time kindly helped me filling An-pan dough with white & green An and arranging baked An-pan on the cooling rack. Arigato, M-san!

Filling my mouth with freshly baked An-pan with homemade An was a glorious moment. I meant it.

Popular Posts