Steamed Milk Buns

This was steamed milk buns.

I make these kinds of steamed buns once a while. These were sweetened with condensed milk - lovely milky moist chewy. Some candied black beans that I had made and kept in the freezer were little extra treats.

There was a bakery in a department store in Japan that sold so many different colors and flavors of steamed buns. My mother often took me there and made me pick some buns for my treats. It was always tough for me to pick only "some" because all looked delicious. It was a long long long time ago, and the bakery is not there anymore. But my mother still remembers our special steamed buns shopping.

Steamed Milk Buns
MAKE 5 silicon cups

100 ml low-fat milk
5 tbs condensed milk
1 tbs vegetable oil
a few drops vanilla extract
130 g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
candied black beans (option)

1. In a bowl, mix milk, condensed milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract together
2. Whisk cake flour and baking powder in a different bowl, shift the flour mixture into milk mixture, whisk gently
3. Spoon in silicon cups or paper caps in ramekins, push some candied black beans into dough
4. Steam them over high heat for 15 min

Popular Posts