Greentea, Black Bean, Soymilk Cake

This was Greentea, Black Bean, Soy Milk Cake - sort of Japanese flavors.

A few days ago I made my first Amanattou, or candied beans by using a can of low-sodium black beans without any particular purpose. Meanwhile, I found a recipe of soy milk cake that seemed simple and light without butter or oil. Here, my own creation was two-layer soy milk cake with candied black beans.

Fluffy meringue made with three egg white mainly built the structure of cake - not cakey nor crumbly but kinda chewy. The texture easily reminded me of Mochi, or rice cake, which is always my favorite.

Japanese greentea, or Matcha flavor never goes wrong with sweeten beans. This cake neatly packed all I like. Although I didn't taste soy milk, I was sure it made the cake healthier.

Popular Posts