Red Wine Chocolate Cake

This was Red Wine Chocolate Cake.

When I saw a recipe of red wine chocolate cake from one of my favorite food blogs, Smitten Kitchen, I remembered we had a half hull (or empty) bottle of Italian red on the kitchen counter. The recipe was straightforward, so-called "a one-bowl cake." I followed the recipe with only one change: reducing some brown sugar. Also, for topping, I didn't have Mascarpone cheese, so I made slightly sweeten whipped cream with a touch of vanilla extra.

The cake was lovely. Moist, crumble, velvety chocolaty. We LOVED it. On the other hand, unlike the recipe said the wine does not fully bake out, and it will taste like there’s wine in there, which I was looking forward to, we didn't find it in our cake. Because of our wine? I might have found some kind of wine-like-aftertaste a little bit.... well, it could be my imaginary taste because I knew red wine WAS in there.

No matter where the wine has run away, the cake was lovely indeed. Definitely we will enjoy the whole cake during this weekend.

Popular Posts