Okra & Green Bell Pepper Curry

This was Okra & Green Bell Pepper Curry - totally vegetarian!

I love Okra curry. Difference between this and my Okra & Green Bean curry or Okra Masala was spice. I usually mix several spices by myself, but instead, I used Penzey's Maharajah curry powder this time.

Ingredients are turmeric, coriander, cumin, cardamon, fenugreek, ginger, nutmeg, fennel, cinnamon, black and white pepper, cloves, saffron, and cayenne pepper. I have those spices individually in my pantry while the Penzey's magic ratio of each spice in the jar is worth buying.

I used just two tea spoons. I also added fresh garlic and fresh ginger along with this curry powder. Served with basmati rice, the curry was delicious with great flavor!

Okra & Green Bell Pepper Curry
SERVES 4

1 tbs olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbs fresh grated ginger
2 tsp Penzey's Maharajah curry powder (or any other curry powder)
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomato
1 cup water
12 oz fresh okra, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
salt to tast

1. Heat oil in a pan, saute onion until soften, add garlic, ginger, curry powder and stir and cook for 1 min.
2. Add tomato, water, okra, bell pepper, bring to boil and reduce heat, cover, simmer about 20-30 mins, or until okra becomes tender. Add soy sauce, adjust taste with salt, serve with basmati rice. 

Popular Posts