Wonton Soup & Seaweed Salad

This was Wonton Soup & Seaweed Salad.

Wonton soup is one of our regular meal. It's easy, light but very satisfying. I make homemade wonton although I buy wonton wrappers at store and use Japanese chicken soup powder for soup. That's why this dish is easy in my case.

I make filling though. This time I mixed ground pork, dried Shiitake mushroom, fresh chive, fresh ginger, a little of low-sodium soy sauce and Sake, a little bit of sea salt and sesame oil, and generous amount of ground black pepper. I could make vegetarian filling by swapping ground pork with dried Tofu and/or minced cabbage, which is also delicious and definitely healthy. 
Assembling wonton is a simple handwork. I usually use square wonton wrappers. There are different ways to fold a wonton. I don't know the origin of my wonton shapes, which look like... I don't know what to say? My strategy here is to fold very small filling in each wonton so that filling can be quickly fully cooked before wonton skins are overcooked. It worked fine this time as usual.

Side was seaweed salad. I used dried seaweed mix from Japan and special Shiso (Japanese basil) flavored dressing that came with the salad seaweed package. Wow, it was wonderful at least for me, not sure for J. I could eat seaweed everyday. I wonder if J would like to join me.

Popular Posts