Smoked Porky Buns & Egg Drop Soup

These were Smoked Porky Buns and Egg Drop Soup.

We still had some leftover smoked pork that has been frozen since last summer. With the pork, we have made Enchiladas with Red sauce, Tomato Pork, and Savory Smoked Porky Buns so far. Since J liked porky buns, I decided to make porky buns again at the grand finale of the delicious smoked pork. I had made two kinds of pork fillings before, but this time I fixed just one kind of filling that was similar to the Asian version, one of the flavors I made the last time.
There was no specific recipe for the filling; I just made up it, mixing small diced pork with a lot of finely chopped green onions and seasoning with oyster sauce, low-sodium soy sauce, Sake, ginger powder, garlic powder, black pepper, mustard powder and sesame oil. J loved the buns! Although I am not sure if I can create the same again because I don't know how much each I added.  
 
In fact these buns were supposed to be snacks or lunch for next day. But how could we ignore freshly baked, still-warm buns sitting on the kitchen counter? Let's have them for dinner. Since the buns, our dinner entree, had a kind of Asian flavor, I quickly made egg drop soup. Homemade egg drop soup is so easy and delicious. Surprisingly just one egg easily makes two bowls or four cups of the soup. I like adding extra rice vinegar to the soup. J said he tasted the soup quite tart after a while. I believe that was a nice complement to sweet smoky buns.

Popular Posts