Chicken & Cashew Nut Lettuce Wrap with Noodle Soup

This was chicken and cashew nut lettuce wraps with noodle soup.

My goal was to make a dinner without going out to a grocery store. I wanted to use the whole alive butter lettuce. I knew there was frozen ground chicken in the freezer. Chicken lettuce wrap sounded perfect. I adapted a recipe that I found on Japanese cooking recipe portal, Cookpad, and made some changes. I skipped all sugar and reduced chicken soup powder from 2 table spoons to 1 tea spoon. I increased 1 more table spoon of Sake and added 2 tea spoons of Hoisin sauce and some Sichuan peppers. Then, I realized my chicken was less than 300 grams and even after adding carrot and dried Shiitake mushrooms, the dish looked like a little small portion as main dish for two. So I pan-toasted a handful of cashew nuts, chopped and added them into the chicken mixture.
Then, I felt it might be not still enough for our dinner. Plus, it was a cold day. I wanted to have something hot. A medium bowl of simple noodle soup solved the problem. Our dinner turned to a nice Dim Sum party. The lettuce wraps were pretty good. I was so glad J liked it very much. He asked me to make it again. Surely, I will!

Popular Posts