Mustard Tasting - Famous Kream

This was Brownwood Farms' Famous Kream Mustard.

I bought this Michigan brand mustard as J's birthday gift via Zingerman's because I tend to believe Zingerman's taste. So this mustard would be fantastic. When we were making sandwiches a little ago, we opened the jar and tasted it. Well, it was a way too sweet for us to be willing to spread on sandwich breads. I checked the ingredient list and saw "cane sugar" as the second item. That was it. So instead, we opened another new mustard, Walnut Dijon, which was truly wonderful. That was the story back then. However, I wanted to give the amazingly sweet mustard another chance. I was going to make cabbage slaw. I usually add a little mustard like wholegrain dijon and some kind of sweetness in slaw, usually honey to mild vinegar taste. Here, the sweet mustard could play its role neatly.
It worked beautifully. The slaw was happy. The mustard was happy. And me too. Win-win-win!!

Popular Posts