Choux Pastry Balls with Ricotta Cream & Strawberry Compote

These were choux pastry balls with ricotta cream and strawberry compote.

I didn't forget about homemade choux pastry balls in the freezer, the leftover from the last Christmas. I had some ideas in mind, but didn't have a chance to materialize them because luckily we had been surrounded by wonderful sweets since the Christmas. Finally our dessert supply from the holidays, birthdays, and Valentine's day was ending. It was time to pop choux pastry balls into the oven to revive them. One of my ideas were to fill them with fresh whipped cream and some kind of fruits since we had had a lot of chocolate desserts recently and I was a little lazy to make custard cream, which requires chilling time.
I had fresh strawberries that were a little "off" taste. Cooking would help them to concentrate their flavors. Then, when I was in a grocery store to pick up a heavy cream, I thought ricotta cream might be more interesting than pure whipped cream. So I bought ricotta cheese and made up ricotta cream by mixing ricotta cheese, whipped cream, honey, and vanilla extra. My creation was cute and fine as a leftover creation. There were still some leftover Chou pastry balls that I could not freeze again. Let's fill something else in the balls for tomorrow. To be continued...

Popular Posts