Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Scones + Nutella

These were chocolate chip cinnamon scones.

I asked J what he would like for breakfast. He suggested scones, either savory or sweet. Then, he said cinnamon and chocolate chips. He is usually a savory person, especially for breakfast, while I am usually on the sweet side. So I rushed to the kitchen and started baking what he just mentioned before he changes his mind. Scones with chocolate chips and cinnamon are coming!

Based on my usual Scottish scone recipe, I made up a new recipe, by adding generous dashes of cinnamon, chopped French dark chocolate and vanilla extra, and replacing 2 table spoons of flour with cocoa powder. Why not? I wanted to make the scones chocolaty. However I was modest about sweetness, by adding just a modest amount of cane sugar.
Just after taking out from the oven, the scones were steamy and chocolate chips were melting. It is a home-baker's, who is me (and J's), privilege to enjoy the freshest baking goods.  I tasted cinnamon slightly but not overly, which was fine, J said. The scones were heavenly chocolaty, but I knew I could intensify them. Yes, with Nutella. J didn't follow me although I would recommend him to do so. That was absolutely divine.

Popular Posts