Fettuccine with Artichokes & Olive Oil

This was Fettuccine with artichokes and olive oil.

Artichoke is something for me to difficult to say whether or not I like. Canned or jarred artichoke hearts can be unpleasantly sour and/or mussy. Fresh artichoke is available only during a certain season. I haven't justified if all efforts and time to handle them are worth. A relatively new recipe from Cook's Illustrated has solved my concerns. I needed water-packed artichoke hearts in baby or cocktail size. I found this jar at Whole Foods. Although the size seemed regular, the packed pieces looked nice.
The recipe called dried Tagliattelle, rich egg pasta that complements the somewhat lean sauce. I had dried non-egg Fettuccine. I understood how the richness from egg was important here, but this was what I could find at a local grocery store. At least these ball shape would be better than flat thick boxed fettuccine in terms of texture.
I halved the recipe for two of us, and skipped all the bread crumbs; otherwise, J won't eat this dish.
The pasta was great! A lemony, a little creamy, lovely spring dish. As J said, it was simple but flavorful. Artichoke's texture and flavor was pleasant. Fettuccine was lovely tender. I would like to make this pasta again with egg-rich Tagliattelle in the future, but I would love the dish even made with this Fettuccine again.

Popular Posts