Caesar Salad for Spaghetti & Meatballs

This was Caesar Salad for Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I made Caesar Salad dressing before by adapting a recipe from Cook's Illustrated. That was nice but it took a little time like boiling eggs, wasted egg whites, and a little too anchovy and garlicky. Also it came with homemade croutons. This time I wanted to simplify the process and still get decent taste. I found a recipe online that many people have liked and had a simple ingredient list without raw eggs or boiled egg. It sounded fine for me. I reduced mayo and garlic. I also roasted garlic slightly because I don't like sharp raw garlic taste. The dressing was lovely lemony. We liked it very much! Anchovy flavor was very subtle. I will add extra anchovy next time.
I bought commercial croutons by Wegmans. I, who usually don't buy croutons, was surprised at many kinds of flavored croutons available at the grocery store. I didn't know croutons are commodities or popular items. Yet I didn't need any flavored croutons for my salad, so I picked one with the minimum flavors I could find - sea salt and black pepper. In fact I liked the croutons. J seemed to like the product too. I probably buy another bag.
All efforts for the Caesar salad was for this spaghetti and meatballs. The meatball sauce was the leftover that had been kept in the freezer. Hello again! They were fine although the meatballs were very tender. I don't remember if the meatballs were such soft before or maybe freezing and defrosting process affected the texture? Well, that was an insignificant issue anyway. We enjoyed this full Italian dinner.

Popular Posts