Smoked Kipper & Sardine Sandwich

This was smoked kipper and sardine sandwiches.

Homemade tuna salad has been our sandwich staple. That may be changed from now on. Our new trend is making sandwiches with canned smoked kippers/sardines. Just like making tuna salad, we mix smoked kippers or sardines or both with celery, shallot, herbs, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, etc. This time we used a can of kippers and a can of sardines.
We still had homemade rye bread. Its shape, size, softness, and taste was perfect for sandwiches. According to J's request, we used simple Dijon mustard.
And extra sharp cheddar slices were also J's pick. Yes, in this house, he gets all he wants!
For my taste, tomato and lettuce joined.
After I tasted these smoked fish, canned tuna tastes somehow more fishy now. Maybe smoked flavor masks fishiness. Or simply smoked fish tastes better. I don't say I don't like tuna, but for sandwich like this, I would pick smoked fish over tuna. Sorry tuna!


Popular Posts