Pistachio & Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies

These were pistachio and semi sweet chocolate chip cookies.

I love pistachios as well as chocolate. Mixing together must be a dream! I had about 2/3 cup of Love'n Bake brand pistachio paste in the refrigerator. I liked Easter ice cream that I made with the paste very much, so any sweets made with the paste must be lovely. My question was what kinds of sweets. Of course, chocolate should be together. Then, I found a recipe of pistachio and milk chocolate chip cookies at a website of American Almond, the manufacture of the pistachio paste. Bingo! I made some changes to the recipe as usual, like reducing some sugar, skipping almond extra (the paste itself had already almond extract flavor), and replacing milk chocolate chips with semi sweet chocolate chips (I didn't have milk chocolate in hand and I am a fan of darker chocolate).
By using a two teaspoon cookie dough scoop, I made almost 4 dozen cookies!
These cookies were amazingly delicious! I took some to my friend's birthday party and made a pack for J's workplace. Still there were about a dozen for us, but they were quickly gone!

Popular Posts