Coconut Brown Butter Apricot Cookies

These were coconut brown butter apricot cookies.

Second cookie day of this week. We didn't complain at all. I adapted a recipe of coconut brown butter cookies from one of my favorite food blogs, smitten kitchen. I always love brown butter's nutty, caramel-like flavor. I almost followed the recipe but added chopped dried apricots. I thought finding bright fruity bites in the sugary sweet cookies would be a nice touch. I am sure without them would be fine but I was happy with my change.
When they were just cooled down, the cookies were very crispy. I liked the texture. On the next day, they were less crispy but still tasted great. Think about coconut macaroons with deep buttery flavor in a flat shape. They were like that in a very good way.

Popular Posts