Vegan Caramel Coconut Ice Cream Chocolate "Cakie" Cookies Sandwichs

These were vegan caramel coconut ice cream chocolate "cakie" cookies sandwiches.

It was my latest vegan sweet explore. For ice cream, I adapted a recipe of Salted Caramel Coconut Ice Cream from minimaristbaker.com. I liked the idea of making caramel sauce with dates. I used only a pinch of sea salt, so my caramel was very gently salted. I added rum in the caramel sauce for where the recipe said bourbon as optional. The ice cream tasted great but somehow wan't smooth or scoopable. It was crumbly. To scoop, I had to not soften but literally melt the ice cream. But that was ok in this case; the ice cream seemed fine even after frozen again and again). For cookies, I adapted the recipe of Vegan Chocolate Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches from minimaristbaker.com. The recipe was for 16 cookies, but I ended up with making only 12. My ice cream sandwiches became huge. Well, who doesn't like that?
I really liked both ice cream and cookie parts. They were incredibly delicious!! The recipe said "the more frozen it is, the less you can taste its flavors." Therefore I took the sandwiches out from the freezer and waited for a while. After about 30 minutes, my sandwich was still hard. By then, J ate his all. He didn't make any comments on the sandwich. I microwaved mine a bit. Cookies were cakie and chocolaty. Ice cream was creamy and coconutty. I wondered if J got the same experience as I had. Next day I microwaved his sandwich along with mine before I served it to him. He said it was better than frozen one. I guess he didn't enjoy his yesterday. I see how important the temperature control is to enjoy these vegan ice cream sandwiches. Lessons learned!

Popular Posts