Two Kinds of Curry: Okra & Charred Eggplant

These were two kinds of curry: okra and charred eggplant.

I was killing time in Whole Foods in the DC downtown before visiting my friend. By being surrounded by beautiful vegetables, although I didn't want to carry things to visit my friend's house, I couldn't help but buy something that I usually can't get at a local grocery store where often disappoints me. So I picked several vine-ripen tomatoes, about a pound of tender okra and two shining eggplants. After all I made myself to carry a heavy bag on the way to my friend's house and traveling back home, but I didn't regret it because I knew the vegetables would turn into delicious curries! With fresh okra, I made usual okra masala; with eggplants, I tried Baingan Bhurtha - charred eggplant cooked with onion, tomato and spices - again.
This time I didn't forget to poke eggplant skin before roasting, so there was no explosion. Safety first. Both curries were fresh, aromatic, satisfying and totally vegan! Multiple good things in one plate.

Popular Posts