Cherry Chestnut Loaf Cake

This was cherry chestnut loaf cake.

Finally I bought my first chestnut flour to make chestnut sweets! What shall I do? I googled recipes that called for chestnut flour and found one for cherry hazelnut loaf cake. Pictures of the cake looked lovely. I am always attracted with simple rustic baked goods. The recipe said I could replace hazelnut flour with chestnut flour, which I guess was why the recipe pop up during my chestnut flour recipe search. Luckily I had all ingredients including frozen 12 oz cherries. Why don't I make it right now?
I reduced about 1/3 of unrefined cane sugar, hoping the cake would be still slightly sweet. I added a tea spoon of brandy just for extra flavor. During baking the cake, I enjoyed the smell from the oven... on the other hand total 45 minute baking time wasn't enough for my case. I baked mine another about 20 minutes.
The result was delightful! The cake was moist but not heavy. It had a wonderful earthy flavor that must have come from chestnut flour! Juicy cherries here and there were lovely too. This cake became my lovely breakfast. I sneaked a slice into J's lunch bag, too.

Popular Posts