Best Almond Cake, again

My first baking project in England was to recreate Best Almond Cake. It was going to be a gift, so I baked two at the same time so that a more beautiful one could become a gift. The original recipe was for a 9 inch pan. I did some math to find out the amount of each ingredients for two 8 inch pans. A food processor was required to make batter. I placed ingredients for one in the bowl of food processor, processed them, and poured batter into a pan. Then, I repeated it. Well, at least I thought I did. However, when I placed the two pans in the oven and started baking, and then started washing bowls, etc, I saw a little cup behind the food processor. Lemon zest for the second batter was in the cup, which I forgot to add! I took two cakes out from the oven. Which one was more beautiful than the other didn't matter anymore. One with a pleasant lemony flavor was selected as a gift automatically. J and I consumed one without lemon zest, which was actually delightful. Still, I think the cake with lemon zest is bright and better.   

Popular Posts