Bettys' Toasted Marzipan Christmas Cake

Christmas pudding, mince pies,... the next should be Christmas fruit cake. Well, I simply would like to try as many English Christmas traditional sweets as possible. Bettys offer several potions in terms of Christmas fruit cake. Some were flavored with a specific liquor, such as port, gin, cointreau. The rest could share the same cake part and differentiate themselves with decoration on top and the size. As our first Christmas fruit cake in England, I chose one decorated with toasted marzipan because I love marzipan.
It was relatively small although it was pretty heavy. I saw the reason when I cut the cake. The cake was clearly packed with cherry and vine fruits soaked in sherry.
It tasted wonderful! I could easily finish the whole by myself although I should not do so.

Popular Posts