Country Fare's Luxury Mince Pies at Harrogate Christmas Market

A Christmas market was held in Harrogate around the mid-November. I felt it was too early for Christmas, but since there is no thanksgiving in England, it seems that people in England (or Europe?) get into Christmas mood right after halloween. J and I visited the market to see what it looked like. Actually there were more vendors - pies, sausages, cakes, chocolate, soap, toys, arts, cheese, hot wine, etc, than I expected. I was specially interested in sweets, of course.
Several bakeries were in the market. I had no idea which one provided the best. At last we stopped by a vendor called Country Fare Bakery because its baked goods looked somehow better than the others. The lady who she said was the baker for all the items was friendly. We decided to try her luxury mince pies. We had the pies at home. They were very tender and tasty without being too sweet! Later I learned that the baker is located in the English Lake District and constantly winning various awards over last 15 years! I hope to see the bakery stand at next year's Christmas market again.

Popular Posts