Bettys' Classic Christmas Pudding

Christmas pudding was one of my "must-eat-in-England" items. I bought one in smallest size at our favorite tea room/bakery, Bettys. The pudding was nesting in the white plastic container with a lid, covered with a cute package. According to instruction, place the pudding in the microwave, cook 1 minute, remove it from the microwave, then remove the lid. Leave to stand for 2 minutes. So easy! I remember it took total 15 days to create my homemade Christmas pudding. It was worth and great experience, while I don't mind a short cut like this Bettys'. I cut the pudding in half to share the pudding with J. The pudding was delicious. Very boozy - 7% of the pudding was Yorkshire ale; 6% was brandy. Various flavors - fruity, warm-spiced and citrusy - were melting all together.

Since the pudding was rich and sweet, one for 1-2 was perfect. I was glad that Bettys made such small puddings. We can easily buy one again during this holiday season.

Popular Posts