Coffee Mug Molten Chocolate Cake

This was Coffee Mug Molten Chocolate Cake - J's birthday cake this year!

I have recently and suddenly started seeing chocolate mug cake pictures, recipes and kits. The kind of cake must be getting popular while I don't know why. A couple of weeks ago I happened to receive a recipe from Cook's Country, a sister magazine of Cook's Illustrated by email. It sounded very easy and actually attractive. The recipe was for two. Perfect for us. Then, J's birthday was coming. Yes, perfect! It was really easy to make and tasty. Maybe I cooked a little longer than I should have. Actually I did more than the recipe since my cakes looked under-cooked). It was a little drier than molten, but still delightful - warm and light with yummy gooey melted chocolate in the middle. The ingredients are simple, so as you can imagine, your cake tastes exactly what it was made with. I carefully selected my ingredients. French dark chocolate (Valrhona 71%) and Dutch cocoa (Droste) ensured my cake couldn't go wrong! I am so glad J enjoyed his mug.
Happy Birthday, J! Make a wish!

Popular Posts