Lentil Soup with Sausage

This was lentil soup with sausage.

My usual vegetable lentil soup first met sausage chunks. Did they like each other?! Let me go back to the beginning. Well, there was two sausages from German deli (I think) in the freezer, sitting for a quite long time without any specific objectives. I don't like the kind of situation. So I tried to solve it. My usual lentil soup has no meat, but the Cook's Illustrated's lentil soup recipe, which I adopted and changed a little, called for bacons, which I always eliminate. So adding some meaty flavor in the lentil soup wouldn't be actually a too wild idea. So I defrosted the sausages, chopped them, quickly sautéed them in a pan and tossed them into the finished lentil soup along with fresh parsley. That's the story why and how lentil soup met sausage. So what happened?! At least I could tell it wasn't a good idea...

Popular Posts