Chicken Wonton Soup

This was homemade Chicken Wonton Soup.

I usually make wonton with ground pork, but there was no ground pork at a local grocery store. There was ground pork seasoned with taco seasonings, which couldn't be useful for wonton. There was a few packages of ground chicken and dozens of ground turkey. I realize turkey is loved in America. Sorry but not by me. So I picked ground chicken. In fact there are many chicken wonton recipes in Japan too, so it was no problem. I could have followed my pork wonton soup, simply replacing pork with chicken, but I searched for chicken wonton recipe for this new chicken experience. I found a online recipe by a professional Chinese chef run a restaurant in Japan, which sounded decent. I doubled the recipe and followed each step (there was only a few steps anyway). One change I only made was adding fresh cilantro according to J's request. The output was very good! The chicken filling was light and tasty. I may stick to chicken instead of pork when I make wonton in the future.

Popular Posts