Shepherd's Pie, again

This was Shepherd's Pie, again!

It's one of the meals I would like to repeat over and over, especially during winter. I still like the recipe from Gordon Ramsay's cooking book with some additional ingredients like mushrooms and baby peas, and a little additional art work on mashed potato layer.
This is a few dish I can use Worcestershire sauce. Interestingly when I was in Japan, Worcestershire sauce was almost always on the table next to soy sauce. I used to enjoy pouring the sauce over various dishes like fried potato balls, steaks, steamed pork buns, and so on. Then, here, somehow I rarely find a dish I would like to season with the sauce. But that doesn't mean I don't like the sauce anymore. The taste of Shepherd's pie is a kind of nostalgia for me because of Worcestershire sauce. I have never had Shepherd's pie in Japan, though. Why? Because you don't usually find ground lamb at a grocery's meat section, at least in my home town, but you can find Worcestershire sauce!

Popular Posts