Honey Pig Gooldaegee Korean BBQ

We had an early dinner at Honey Pig, a Korean BBQ restaurant in Ellicott City, MD.

Korean cuisine is one of domains that I haven't explored yet. Almost all items on the menu are out of my knowledge and experience. However I know a few items which I like. One is Bulgogi, marinated beef BBQ. It has a kind of sweet flavor. So we ordered one Bulgogi and shared it. Yes, it was good and I liked it!
At a Korean restaurant, several small dishes are served. I don't know exactly what each of them is and how and when to eat them properly, but it's a fun to nibble them a little during the meal, especially while we are waiting for BBQ to be done.
This was a little spicy soup with Tofu. It was nice.
There was a steamed egg dish too. There is something similar in Japan. I enjoyed it.
This was Pork and Octopus BBQ. They were covered red chili (I think) sauce and looked spicy. Our waiter said it would be spicy. She added more red sauce over the pork and octopus while she was preparing them. When she said the BBQ was ready, it looked very red. I was sure that J, who loves spicy foods, would be fine. How about me? Could I survive?!
Despite my worries, it wasn't too spicy. I found some heat tingling in my mouth a little bit, but not much. I have had more than one dishes spicier than it. There was another problem, though. Octopus was sadly hard and chewy. Pork was ok but a little fatty for me. Anyway, I had a good time and would love to learn more about Korean food.

Popular Posts