Blueberry Lemon Tea Cake

This was blueberry lemon tea cake. I named so.

The recipe of lemon yogurt anything cake on Smitten Kitchen inspired me to make this. I didn't use yogurt though. Instead I used some sour cream and some creme fraiche. Also I reduced sugar in half. Then, when I was making lemon syrup with generous 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice and just one table spoon sugar, which I was going to tap all over the cake with, I expected the cake might be too sour for J. So, I made the syrup a little more sweet with Splenda.
To let all lemon syrup go into the cake, I poked the cake a lot with a toothpick. The surface became kinda unattractive with a lot of tiny holes. If I presented the cake to guests, I should cover the top with lemon sugar glaze. In the reality, only J would be a witness. There was no needs of fancy cosmetic as well as extra sugar.
Actually once the cake was sliced like this, you really don't see the holes on the top. It was pretty much lemony, which I liked very much. It was good for breakfast. I gave J a couple of slices for his breakfast at work. The lemony kick must have waken him up!

Popular Posts