Beef 'N Bread

These were sandwiches from Beef 'N Bread in Chinatown, DC.

After my appointment in Chinatown, DC, I knew where to go to get a take-out dinner. I dropped by the relatively new small sandwich store that have been receiving good reviews on yelp - 4.5 stars based on about 80 reviews. I got two kinds of sandwiches: Boston Beef - roasted beef, muenster cheese, horseradish sauce (on the side) and BBQ sauce (on the side); and DC Turkey - turkey, avocado, muenster, lettuce, tomato, shaved pickle, Wise sauce (I skipped) and Jalapeno sauce (on the side). I studied what to get by checking information and comments on yelp in advance. Their signature "Wise sauce" was apparently a mayo-based sauce. I needed to make sure our sandwich won't have it; otherwise, J won't touch the sandwich. I had other sauces served on the side so that we could taste them first and decide to add them or not when we eat. Plus, in that way, I hoped the sandwich won't get too soggy during my travel back to home. We both added horseradish sauce on Boston beef. I also added a little bit BBQ sauce too. We both skipped Jalapeno sauce for turkey. I enjoyed both sandwiches. Roasted beef was moist and tender and had a great flavor. I am usually not a big fan of turkey, but I thought it was fine without any unpleasant gamy taste. J liked both, especially Boston beef. He said turkey was a little dry, though. Sesame buns were good too. I also bought a cup of cole slaw. It was a mayo-based, not too sugary. It was just ok, not special. Overall, their sandwiches were good. If we need to find a take-out lunch or dinner around Chinatown, the stop will be one of our options that are somehow limited in the area.

Popular Posts