Peach Cream Pie & Lemon Almond Bars from A Baked Joint

This was peach cream pie from A Baked Joint on K street in Washington DC.

Baked & Wired in Georgetown has been one of the most popular bakeries in the DC among yelpers. I have been there a few times and got some sweets such as almond bars and S'more-like cookie bars each time. They were decent although J said my baked goods were better. Yes, he is kind. Recently I knew Baked & Wired now has a sister store in the DC: A Baked Joint. It was near Chinatown. Before my shopping at Beef 'N Bread, I managed to check this new bakery out. The place was minimalist modern. Cool and cozy. If there were such a cafe in my town, I would jog to get there in the morning and sink myself deep into a sofa over a cup of tea and a cookie and think about a dinner menu for the day. Anyway, that's just my daydream. One of many. Lets' come back to the reality. There were several sweets including multiple kinds of cookies and bars, two kinds of pies, a coconut cream cake, and ice cream sandwiches. I chose a piece of peach cream pie and two lemon almond bars. They had some breads too. I got whole grain sourdough loaf, too.
The sweets were fine. I enjoyed them, especially almond lemon bars. About the peach cream pie, I agreed with J's opinion that Michigan ABC pie fro Grand Traverse Pie Company that we had for Thanksgiving was better. The Michigan ABC's crust was more flavorful. I don't mind of coming back to A Baked Joint and try something else but perhaps trying a different new bakery would be more fun. In fact the DC is in a bakery boom now! Since a few years ago, bakeries have been mushrooming in the city. Good news!

Popular Posts