Sweet Potato Soup

This was sweet potato soup.

We took a short break from a series of fresh pasta meals. I was thinking of a dinner option other than pasta. Suddenly I remembered a soup I have been interested in since last winter - sweet potato soup. Cook's Illustrated developed a recipe of the soup with their signature scientific approach. I believe cooking is science. That's why I like Cook's Illustrated.
Here, they discovered a way to convert the large starch molecules into much smaller sugar molecules by soaking sweet potato in hot water before boiling. This way can create smooth silky sweet potato soup with less liquid. Say bye-bye to a thick puree-like soup! I think the recipe worked well. My soup was lovely smooth soup. The recipe also cooks the soup with some sweet potato skins, which brings deep earthy flavor. I think it also worked well. I liked the soup very very much! - even thought such sweet soup wasn't J's favorite. I knew it before I made the soup.

Popular Posts