Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate Hats

These were lemon cookies with white chocolate hats.

Recently we picked up commercial lemon cookies at a local Wegmans for a change from our usual LU chocolate biscuits. They weren't too bad. Actually I liked them. When we went back there, I was excited to buy another... but the cookies were sold out. It was the saddest moment of the day. A few days later, I was still thinking about lemony cookies. I just bought a new bag of fresh organic lemons. Why not create some by myself? I made up a recipe by combining some recipes that I found online and adding my ideas.
It turned out wonderfully. The commercial lemon cookies had sugar icing on the top. I gave my cookies white chocolate hats instead. They were brightly lemony with fresh lemon zest and juice. They were a sort of soft cookies, but not too cakey or crumbly. I was so happy J liked them and said much better than the commercial cookies. Now I don't have to wait for the commercial ones coming back to the shelf.

Popular Posts