Potato Salad with Dill, Shallot & Dijon Mustard

This was potato salad with dill, shallot and dijon mustard.

I had a lot of fresh dill again. I bought the dill for basmati and wild rice with chickpeas, a part of our recent Jerusalem feast. I couldn't find a small package of dill, so I reluctantly put a big bunch of fresh dill in the shopping cart. That's why I was facing the same question that I always have in this situation - what to do with the leftover fresh feathery herb. A solution was to make this potato salad. I usually make Cook's Illustrated's All-American Potato Salad, which J likes very much, but this time was a good opportunity to try something different. I adapted a recipe of Creamy Dijon-Dill Potato Salad on Food Network website that I happened to find during Internet research with key words - "dill" and "recipe". I used much less mayo; added much more dill. Although the potato salad didn't consume all leftover dill, the result was very nice and J liked it! The recipe will be a keeper.

Popular Posts