Minty Dark Chocolate Mousse

These were minty dark chocolate mousse.

I bought a small bunch of fresh mint that I was going to use for fresh salad or something but I didn't. So I needed to do something with them, thinking about fresh mint's potential. My idea was to make mint-flavored chocolate mousse. I adapted a simple chocolate mousse recipe from a Japanese recipe portal, Cookpad and added my own arrangements - I cooked milk with some fresh mint leaves to make mint-infused warm milk; I skipped raw egg white; I replaced sugar with Splenda. I knew egg white would make the mousse light and airy. I would do so in Japan, but I don't use uncooked eggs in cooking in the US. The result was not light but a kinda dense. Still it was smooth, more like rich chocolate ice cream. A problem was it wasn't minty! I might have tasted a tiny bit of mint in the mousse, but it could come from a single small fresh mint leave decorated on the top. So the mousse didn't become what I hoped, but J liked it, which made me happy at the end.

Popular Posts