Devonshire "Fuji" Apple Dappy

This was Devonshire "Fuji" Apple Dappy!

Apples are in season. We just bought some Fuji apples at a local farm stand. I used two of them to make Apple Dappy again. Fuji apples used to be my favorite, but these days I prefer more crisp apples like honey crisp. That doesn't mean I don't like Fuji. Fuji is a good baking apple that keeps its texture after cooking, which I was sure would make great Dappy.
I followed the same recipe. I might have used all purpose flour last time, but I mixed cake flour and bread flour according to the recipe. I also baked longer than the time the recipe suggested. The pastry part was much better than last time - light and tasty.
Based on the finding from the last time, I didn't serve Dappy with traditional custard cream but did with warm toffee sauce and whipped cream. The result was delicious! Apple Dappy will be one of our fall dessert staples.

Popular Posts