Lime Coconut Squares

These were lime coconut squares.

It was an amazing coincident when I made them was National Key Lime Pie Day! Well, I didn't use "key" limes, but lime is lime, isn't it? I adapted the recipe of key lime coconut squares by King Arthur Flour with some changes other than replacing key limes with common limes. I halved the recipe to use a 8" x 8" pan, but I kept the original volume (1cup) of shredded coconut. My shredded coconut was homemade shredded fresh coconut that I kept in freezer. I replaced sugar with Splenda for filling as well as with coconut sugar for crust. I used reduced fat cream cheese. The result was not-too-sweet, nicely lime-y. The filling was a little too solid, though. I would prefer lighter and creamier. I shall stick to condensed milk-based filling when I make lemon or lime (or key lime) pie/square filling.

Popular Posts