Lemon Mousse

This was lemon mousse.

I grab wrong items once a while. This time I needed evaporated milk for macaroni and cheese but when I started cooking mac and cheese at home, I found out what I bought was actually condensed milk. Even I realized my mistake after opening the can, so I needed to do something with the rich, thick, sweet milk very soon. I usually use condensed milk when I make cream lemon tart, both bake and non-bake; and lime bars. Lemon or lime desserts are always welcome, but somehow I didn't want to eat buttery crust this time. So, I created lemon mousse, which was something close to the filling of cream lemon tart. I mixed lemon juice and zest from three lemons, condensed milk, lightly whipped cream, and a little bit of gelatin. I made four glasses of chilled, refreshing, creamy, lemony desserts. I topped my glass with American Spoon's brandied black berries. J enjoyed his plain. The mousse was so good. After all, getting a wrong can wasn't a problem.

Popular Posts