Mocha Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

These were mocha chocolate crinkle cookies.

Actually they were supposed to be chocolate crinkle cookies that I have made a couple of times. The recipe was the same by Cook's Illustrated. I halved the recipe like before. The recipe called for four teaspoons of instant espresso powder as an option, so, two teaspoons to half the recipe. It sounded a little too much and I didn't remember how much I used before. I used about one and a half teaspoons of King Arthur Flour's espresso powder. The result was not only chocolate-y but also strong coffee-flavored cookies! That's why I called them "mocha." Apparently J liked the cookies while for me, the coffee effect was a little too intense. I would try to remember to a few of pinches of espresso powder would be appropriate.

Popular Posts